Instructions for authors and text editing rules
- General Information
The diségno Journal is edited by UID - Unione Italiana per il Disegno.
The edition languages are the author’s native language (limited to Italian, French, Portuguese, Spanish) and English.
Publication proposals related to the calls of the journal must be sent in form of abstracts and will be evaluated by two Editorial Board members, to verify: the compliance with the lines of research and editorial standards, the adequacy of critical analysis and references, the bibliographic citations fullness, the appropriate and deep sources examination, the images correctness.
After passing this preliminary evaluation, the abstracts will be sent to two anonymous reviewers (double-blind peer review) who will express an evaluation. If the abstract will be accepted for publication, the author will be asked the full paper that will be further evaluated by two anonymous reviewers (double-blind peer review).
A submission proposal implies that the work is original and unpublished.
In addition, the authors guarantee that articles and images to be published are not subject to copyright. Pay attention must be taken in acknowledge sources and any work by other authors. Each citation must be verified by the author.
The editorial staff reserves the right to make any changes necessary to adapt the text to editorial guidelines, agreeing with the author those of greater importance.
- How to Submit Proposal
Publication proposal should be submitted through the journal’s OJS platform (https://disegno.unioneitalianadisegno.it/), via the “make a proposal” link.
2.1. Abstract Proposal
Through the link https://disegno.unioneitalianadisegno.it/index.php/disegno/submission/wizard you will access the section of the OJS platform that allows you to upload all the information and files related to the abstract proposal, compiling in the sections in the following order.
- Upload the proposal file
- Metadata insert
The submitted proposal will be evaluated by two anonymous reviewers (double-blind peer review), whose responses will be notified to the author by e-mail, through the Journal OJS platform.
The abstract evaluation outcome will be:
- Proposal Acceptance and Invitation to Submit the Full Paper: if the proposal is considered in line with the call the abstract is accepted, and the author is asked to send the full paper that will be subject to further review.
- Non-Acceptance of the Proposal: if the proposal is not considered in line with the call, the abstract is rejected.
Instructions for sending abstract files
The file must be prepared in *.pdf format and must contain, in addition to the title of the proposal, a text of 3000 characters maximum, including spaces, and 2 images maximum. The file must not contain the author’s name or any other information that would allow the author to be identified. The delivery file must be named according to the following syntax: Surname_abstract.
2.2. Full Paper Proposal
If the abstract is accepted, the author must submit the full paper within the timeframe indicated. The upload of the full paper must be done by accessing the OJS platform with one’s own credentials, in the same Submission opened for the proposal of the abstract, integrating the proposal of the abstract already sent by uploading new files, in the “Revisions” section. All materials related to the full paper should be sent in the form of a folder named “Surname_full paper.zip”.
The full paper proposal will be subjected a second evaluation phase by two anonymous reviewers (double-blind peer review).
Instructions for the full paper sending
The author must to upload on the ojs platform of the journal, within a .zip compressed folder:
- Text in *.doc or *.docx format, including abstracts, keywords, notes, and references following the indications given in the editorial guidelines.
- Images in high resolution (see the editorial guidelines).
Required elements in the text in *.doc or *.docx format (specifically indicated in the template provided by the editors and available by editorial guidelines):
- Title in native language of the author: 120 characters maximum, including spaces (however no more than 2 lines in the layout). The author’s native language is admitted only in Italian, French, Portuguese and Spanish; no other language will be taken into account.
- Title in English: 120 characters maximum, including spaces (however no more than 2 lines in the layout).
- Name and Surname of the author or authors.
- Institution, Organization or Foundation to which you take part and e-mail of every author. If the contribution passes the evaluation, this information is published. By submitting a proposal, authors implicitly accept the publication of this information. For no reason whatsoever is the telephone number provided published, which can only be used for direct contact between the author and the editorial staff.
- Abstract: 1500 characters, including spaces (however no more than 11 lines in the layout).
- Keywords: 5 maximums.
- Text: must be between 20,000 and 30,000 characters (including: spaces, notes, references, web, and archival sources, if any. Excluded: are authors’ names, e-mails, institutions, abstracts, keywords, tables, captions); for the drafting of the text, see the editorial guidelines and the template available by editorial guidelines.
- Bibliographical references and/or web sources, in alphabetical order. For the compilation of references see the editorial guidelines.
- List of archival or documentary sources, if any.
- Images: 12 maximums, must be numbered, captioned, and accompanied by a reproduction rights release (form provided by the Editorial Board). Images must be submitted in *.tiff format, with 300 dpi resolution on a print basis (maximum width 17 cm); images with a base of 8 cm (single column) and 17 cm (page width) are accepted; maximum height 16.5 cm. The maximum image size is therefore 17 x 16.5 cm.
- Numbered tables, if any, accompanied by title, source, and caption.
- Captions must be numbered in progressive order; they must be brief, 140 characters maximum, including spaces (in any case no longer than 2 lines in the page layout), and must include an indication of the image source (author's drawing, author's photograph, or precise bibliographical reference in the form: Author, year, including figure number and/or page number). Figure and/or table captions must be inserted as indicated in the format of the journal layout.
- a freely formatted .doc file containing: title, abstract, text, images and captions in the chosen language (author’s native language or English); bibliography. The name(s) of the author(s), his/their institution, or any other reference that could make him/them recognizable must NOT appear in this file.
See editorial guidelines for text editing.
The author will be notified of the outcome of the evaluation of the full paper by e-mail, through the journal’s OJS platform.
At the end of the review, the full paper proposal can be:
- Accepted: in case of acceptance, the proposal will be included in the editorial review process by the editorial staff which will contact the author for any requests for additions and/or adaptations to the editorial standards of the article, also by relation of the indications provided by the anonymous reviewers (double-blind peer review). Contextually, the author will be asked to translate the texts into English.
- Non-Accepted: if the full paper receives two negative evaluations from the anonymous reviewers (double-blind peer review).